Thursday, May 10, 2012

Love Hate Relationship

My relationship with working out / eating healthy can be described in nothing more than Love / Hate. A few years back I knew a kid whos bicepts were about the size of my head.  He got me into working out and eating healthy.  Now I'm a small dude, not huge or tall by any means.  At 5'7" I'm usually wishing for stilts or debating on whether or not i should lift my leg when i kiss a girl taller than myself.  But i figured it would be nice to get into better shaped and feel good.  Not to mention attract some attention from the ladies! O.o  Anyways, I got into it and bought supplaments and Protien shakes and weights.  I worked out almost every night and felt the best i think ive ever felt.  Eating healthy can really change your mindset and litterally you dont feel like ass (The kind of ass you feel like after eating KFC and a large mac and cheese).  It really can make you into a different person.  I was eating healthier than I ever had.  Yogurts, lean meats, rice cakes and all those sort of healthy fruits and veggies you should eat.

The only problem there was that i sort of tailed off.  I ended up regaining the weight i took off, lost muscle and went back to my old eating styles, which included but are not limited to eating bags of Doritos, ice cream, and fast food.  Even Soda, which is a terrible waste of calories.  Now again a few months ago, before Thanksgiving and the Holidays, i started eating healthy again, not even working out (unless you count hockey like 3 days a week), just eating healthy.  I have to say within two months I felt great.  I was skating faster and playing harder than I ever had on the ice.  I woke up earlier with more energy than I had.  Then again, I slowly slipped back into bad habits, then the holidays hit and I like most Americans pigged out and stuffed my face.  Which lead me back into the blahh stage.  I really want to get back to this.

I have P90X I just have a hard time making time and following it.  I have a membership at Planet Fatass, although I don't use it that often because its so far from my house. I'd eat healthier, but i don't always have time to make a lunch or go shopping.  Those are all bullshit excuses that I use all the time.  This time around it's going to be different.  I plan on holding myself accountable for the things I do now.  Playing in three hockey leagues, and maybe some work outs during the week 1 or 2 times, combined with healthy eating should get me there.  There's no reason why I can't do this.  The only person stopping me is myself.  My job is even physical so this should be easy.  Plus summer is coming and that will have me outside hiking, playing sports, and running around.  Thus I am committed to getting back in shape and wont stop until I am.

1 comment:

  1. Stick with it. As the lone healthy eater seemingly on our Can/Am trip, I know you already know how much better you feel when working out and eating well. Its not for everyone (just the insane) but I work out daily at 6am before work, just so I don't let the later in the day excuses give me a reason not to go, and those reasons comes by the dozens (im tired, I wanna go drink, im a dick, I have a meeting, etc). The best part though is when you do go back, if you take your time and rebuild, you will see, just like last time, your bobdy responds quicker and muscles have memory and will spring back to shapes other than "blob" and "gross" pretty quick.

    #littlerussgonnagetjacked

    ReplyDelete